Finally! You can feel summer is actually coming! If you were thinking of scheduling a summer family session or you need photos of your graduating high school senior here are some guidelines for a successful photo session. Remember you don’t have to have it all figured out. A great photographer will be able to guide you through the entire process.
1) Check everyone’s schedule! Work hours can change in the summer and there are activities, camps, and family vacations to consider. Have all that info before calling to set up a session.
2) What look are you trying to achieve? Summer clothes and a session by the lake? Tall grass and golden light in late summer? Fall color and leaves? After 20 years of photographing families I can help you schedule a session for the look you want.
3) Be careful of the sun! Sunburns, too much tan, and faded hair color can all happen so keep that in mind! A session the day after a weekend at the cabin may not be a good plan.
4) Clothing choices. Not sure what to wear? You may have everything you need right in your closet. Feel free to bring additional clothing choices to your session to get the photographers opinion. Coordinating not matching clothes look best. Solid colors photograph better than busy patterns. Everyone should be in the same season and sleeve length.
5) Relax and be yourselves, let the kids be kids, show connection instead of worrying about posing. Outdoor sessions are beautiful but if the weather doesn’t cooperate you may have to reschedule. Bugs and pests can be a problem so bring bug spray or better yet schedule your session in June when the temps are cooler and bugs are at a minimum.
Lastly please don’t ask your kids to say cheese. I have my own ways of bringing out great expressions and genuine smiles. Let me do the work! Scheduling a senior session? Don’t forget to find out when the yearbook photo is due. Some parents feel overwhelmed about senior photos and what to do. I have graduated three kids of my own and I work with all the schools in the area, let me help! Do you have more questions about scheduling a photo session? Call to set up a complimentary consultation. 952-210-2688 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org